Hi — I'm Dan (he/him). I'm a product manager based out of New York City. I believe the best companies never lose sight of the user, while making sure they build an enduring business so they never have to disappoint them.
Find me here
- CBRE Build (formerly Floored) — Senior Product Manager, 2018–2020
- Yext — Product Manager, 2016–2018
- Microsoft — Program Manager, 2010–2012
I also hold a BS in Computer Science from the University of Virginia, and am a proud graduate of TJHSST.
I'm available for consulting engagements. My expertise in tech product strategy and product management is most useful when solving your key need: are you aligned on the right problem, and are your teams empowered with the right objectives and info they need to move the needle?
Remember that your most expensive resource is engineering; validating product/market fit through user research, deeper domain knowledge, lean experimentation, and design thinking will be critical before building production-grade products.
As technologists, we best leverage our skills at scale. Serving another user at a marginal cost of near-zero continues to be why software eats the world. Let's make sure that you provide them the best value they can't get anywhere else.
I'm also open to pro bono work for community organizations, time/effort permitting.
If you're local to NYC and looking into product management (or other roles in tech companies) as your next career step, I'd be happy to grab coffee, give you my perspective on the industry, and discuss how your interests and strengths can find a great home. Understanding where your heart lies is key — everything else follows.Email me
Articles I come back to again and again
I've read, reread, or linked these articles to friends and colleagues countless times. They're here in no particular order:
- My Time at Lehman — Nicholas Chirls, 2013
- Aggregation Theory — Ben Thompson (Stratechery), 2015
- We are a product-led company — Andrew Watterson (Asana), 2013
- Why we don't sell ads — Jan Koum (WhatsApp), 2012
- How we build our Product Roadmap at Asana — Jackie Bavaro (Asana), 2017
- Intercom on Jobs-to-be-Done
- ...more to share soon.
- Photography portfolio, circa 2013