Hi — I'm Dan (he/him). I'm a product manager based out of New York City. I believe the best companies never lose sight of the user, while making sure they build an enduring business so they never have to disappoint them.
I'm currently the Head of Product at TravelJoy, where we build delightful, simple tools for travel entrepreneurs.
Find me here
- TravelJoy — Head of Product, 2020–present
- CBRE Build (formerly Floored) — Senior Product Manager, 2018–2020
- Yext — Product Manager, 2016–2018
- Microsoft — Program Manager, 2010–2012
I also hold a BS in Computer Science from the University of Virginia, and am a proud graduate of TJHSST.
If you're local to NYC and looking into product management (or other roles in tech companies) as your next career step, I'd be happy to grab coffee, give you my perspective on the industry, and discuss how your interests and strengths can find a great home. Understanding where your heart lies is key — everything else follows.Email me
Articles I come back to again and again
I've read, reread, or linked these articles to friends and colleagues countless times. They're here in no particular order:
- My Time at Lehman — Nicholas Chirls, 2013
- Aggregation Theory — Ben Thompson (Stratechery), 2015
- We are a product-led company — Andrew Watterson (Asana), 2013
- Why we don't sell ads — Jan Koum (WhatsApp), 2012
- How we build our Product Roadmap at Asana — Jackie Bavaro (Asana), 2017
- Intercom on Jobs-to-be-Done
- ...more to share soon.
- Photography portfolio, circa 2013